Wednesday 9 February 2011

Approachable Jesus

There was not one person who was reluctant to approach Him for fear of being rejected. - Max Lucado


This sentence really started me thinking. I'm not sure where my thoughts are taking me, but I can't seem to get beyond this line. The context is that Max is discussing how, although there were people who envied Jesus, there were people who mocked him, yet there were none who found him unapproachable.


Is this how we as believers in, and followers of, Jesus, are to be? Approachable? I would argue that, if we wish to be considered as followers of Jesus, then we should be.


So - do people find you approachable? Or are you aloof? Do you have too little time in your years (note, I don't say 'days') for helping, caring for or spending time with people?