Saturday 2 July 2011

SFFS #5

To my usual blog readers, I apologise that all you get these days is snippets of my creative writing. I'm just so busy at the moment with things, and life caught up with us this last month such that there was simply no energy left for stuff like blogging.

In the meantime, I hope that you enjoy reading these six sentences from a work-in-progress, The Thalladium, and do go here to read some similar snippets of writing from some of my fellow writers. If you look through my blog list, you can catch up the story to where this week's snippet starts.

Then, getting one of the children to help me, we took the bandages into the ocean – which was as salty as that back on Earth – and washed them in the salt water. Then we took them to one of the shrubs that grew along the border of the beach, and laid them out to dry in the warmth of the sun.

As we finished, James arrived at the beach, carrying little Petay. The orphan looked pale, but otherwise, he seemed to be fine. James brought him to me, and I took him in my arms, sitting down on an accommodating rock.

Looking down at Petay’s face, I could see that he was in some pain.