Saturday 25 February 2012

SFFS 25/02/2012

This will, contrary to previous promises, be my final excerpt from the formerly-titled Am I Dreaming? WIP. This is because I have now published it on Smashwords as Place of My Dreams, and it is available for free. You can download it here if you haven't done so already. Please do give me a review once you've read it :-)
So here is this week's snippet.
Except now I don’t see the light. I search through the trees, but it is nowhere. Then a tingle rises from the ground, a warmth that spreads through my feet, my legs, my torso, and soon my whole body is vibrating. I see everything around me through a green haze. Sounds like small voices, rising and falling like the babbling of a brook, reach my ears. I strain to make sense of them, but just as I detect a pattern, a possible word, then all becomes jumbled again.

My vision clouds, and just as I begin to panic that I’m turning blind, or worse, it clears to reveal the most beautiful scene I’ve ever laid eyes on.

Read some more great snippets from fantastic authors here.