Saturday 11 May 2013

SFFS 11/05/2013

Hi everyone!! After a LOOOONG hiatus thanks to the birth of my daughter just over a year ago, I'm back - for now.

I have recently been adding to a few of my WIPs, and this week I've decided to share a few sentences from Takeover Bid (formerly known as "The Contract", which I've shared from previously), my science fiction novella/novel set in the Tahl Jighn Universe. I hope you enjoy!

Defeat wasn't an option; not this time.
Cam ran his fingers through his hair and pinched the bridge of his nose with his right hand with his eyes closed. Defeat stared him in the face - something that made his skin crawl.
He opened his eyes to stare at the projection before him. He'd been so certain of achieving his goal this time. He'd done all the research; the figures added up... and yet they refused. How could they hope to last out till the next Conclave? Insanity! Or there was something going on that wasn't public knowledge? He couldn't count that option out.
Thank you for dropping by. Please don't forget to drop in on the other SFFS authors. You can find their stuff here.