Friday 24 December 2010

Musings

A Christmas Medley - 24th December

Heap on more wood! – the wind is chill;
But let it whistle as it will,
We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.
Each age has deem’d the new-born year
The fittest time for festal cheer:


There. That was the last of her Christmas presents. Now she could finally relax. A shimmer in the corner of her eye made her look towards the windows. It was snowing!

She quickly got up and ran over to the couch by the window. Settling into it, she watched the falling snow outside. It had already settled onto the pathway and the road. Even though she'd seen it many times, the sight of falling snow still fascinated and mesmerised her. Everything always looked so clean ... Until the thaw. That got icy and ....

Has he read it? I wonder if he's read it. Man, I wish he'd reply - or come around, or something. If only I knew. But God said I must have patience ... so I'll wait. If it's to be, then great, if not, then I did apologise.

Extract from 'Marmion' by Sir Walter Scott