Monday 13 December 2010

Winter Wonderland


A Christmas Medley - 13th December

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland.


Judy broke of humming. 'I SO wish it would snow this side of Christmas. At least we'd then get some time off school.'

'Doubt we'll have any such luck,' Sam replied, looking over her shoulder. The trees in the park they were walking through were white with the freezing fog that had settled overnight.

'Yeah,' Judy agreed. 'It's just not fair. They're getting snowed in up north, all those kids getting days off school to go snowboarding, and we just have business as usual.'

Sam kicked a stone on the path into a nearby bush. 'Well, at least we get off at the end of this week. I, for one, am looking forward to that.'

'Definitely. How did you enjoy the ice skating on Saturday night? It looked like you were having a great time. I so wanted to come over when you slipped on the ice, but Matt was headed your way quicker than I could get there - and then I just couldn't get away from the people I was with.'

'It was so great Judy!' Sam grinned at her friend, remembering the night before. 'I was so embarrassed when I slipped, but Matt is such a great teacher. He really helped me to relax and ... wow ... skating is the best thing ever. Did you know that Matt's been skating since he was four? I had no idea!'

'I had heard that he was a good skater, but I didn't know he had been doing it for that long. I think he's maybe even been in a couple of competitions, something like that,' Judy answered.

'Well, we're going out for coffee tonight. Maybe I'll hear some more,' Sam said.

Song extract from "Winter Wonderland"